Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Closing date: 17/02/2017
We are looking for a hardworking and committed Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work in our clients prestigious scheme at the Army rebasing SFA scheme at Salisbury Plain, based at their Ludgershall Office.
Working closely alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor and the wider delivery team, the role will ensure Lovell carries out the day to day financial and cost control on one of three sites forming the SFA scheme, up to and including completion of client and sub-contract final accounts.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience of Quantity Surveying and be working towards a BSc in Quantity Surveying.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a proactive attitude towards achieving successful outcomes in the following areas:
- Assist in effective commercial control of all allocated projects/developments including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular PPR's (CVR's), all elemental reconciliations , cash flow forecasts, etc
- Assist in effective cash management, including the pursuit of timely Applications/Certification/Invoices/internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of the need to cultivate effective/longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance.
- Keeping the Senior Quantity Surveyor informed of the progress of all sub-contract accounts through to finalisation, including, the release of retentions.
- Effective materials control, pricing, reconciliations and accruals.
- Effective preliminary spend control.
- Contract Administration - attending project meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Timely production of the main Subcontract final accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations and loss or expense issues.
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
- Form and develop relationships with the client, their agents, and our design team and consultants.
- Assist with compliance of contractual obligations.
- Effective communication with project team.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Adhering to the Lovell Service First principles and LIMS. (Lovell Integrated Management System)
Skills and experience required:
- Working towards a BSc Quantity Surveying, RICS & CIOB accredited degree.
- Proven ability of working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communicator with all internal and external customers.
- Excellent all round IT skills.