Business Development - Electronics / FMCG
A multinational ecommerce group is looking for a business development executive to join their small central London team.
The role will initially focus on an exciting piece of fitness technology, with celebrity endorsement from the largest name in international sport, and an impressive international sales record. The company is now looking to replicate the initial success with other UK retailers and groups across Europe.
The role will mainly focus on business development in the UK and France, though will also assist the Sales Manager with existing account management.
The ideal applicant will have a background in selling consumer goods, FMCG, electronics or other related products into key retail groups such as; retail chains, supermarket groups, department stores, and specialist distributors.
SALARY: £25-30K (depending on experience)
LOCATION: City of London
- Proactively seek new clients (mostly UK, some in Europe) and effectively convert lead opportunities; main targets are major department stores, retailer groups, and specialist distributors including gym groups
- Build and maintain new and existing relationships; new relationships consist of inbound sales enquiries, and also sourcing of new leads through cold calling and networking
- Develop sales materials and formulate proposals
- Negotiate terms and conditions with potential selling partners and internal/external legal teams
- Develop sales channel strategy
- Attend trade shows and networking events to procure new products for selling, and also new distribution outlets for selling to
- Strive to over achieve & deliver excellent customer service to all clients
- 2+ years B2B sales experience into retail groups, supermarkets, distributors
- Ideally educated to degree level in a business subject (not essential)
- An interest in consumer goods; ideally fitness, technology, or electronic type FMCG items
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent relationship and communication skills for both internal and external partner companies
- High attention to detail
- Proactive and self-directed
- Sensitivity to cultural and organisational diversity
- Client interface and executive presentation skills
- Team player and & logical thinking
Desirable (but not essential)
- Fluency in French
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 2 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.