Pre Assessment Nurse
Pre Assessment Nurse
Part Time (30 hours)
£19,500.00 - £22,620.00pa. Dependent upon skills and experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pre Assessment Nurse who is passionate about delivering excellent standards of care, to join our committed Pre Assessment Team
This is a part-time position working 30 hours per week (including weekends) reporting to our Out Patients Manager.
The Hospital provides a high standard of care for elective surgical patients across a broad spectrum of specialties.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- An excellent high standard of clinical practice with excellent clinical outcomes
- An excellent ability to manage patients health and wellbeing across a complex pathway and changing caseload
- Develop excellent working relationships across the entire hospital
- Maintain excellent standards with infection control
It is essential that the applicant will have a:
- Registered General Nurse qualification (NMC)
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant and current clinical standards
- Recent post qualification surgical experience
- Experience in Pre-admission clinics.
- Knowledge in current national guidance around pre-optimizing patients prior to surgery
- Experience of a team approach to care delivery
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and on own initiative as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable excellent customer service
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the service.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Confident and engaging telephone skills.
Technical Skills and Application:
Assessment of patients
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with patients and their careers using data collected from medical questionnaires, previous notes, telephone communications and face to face consultations.
- Identify individual patient requirements and plan an individualized care pathway
- Responsible for carrying out appropriate clinical interventions required to deliver comprehensive patient care
- Liaise with all departments to ensure pathway can be delivered
- Liaise with bookings team, consultants, anaesthetists and theatre manager to ensure appropriate theatre allocation is applied
- Maintain accurate accounts of nursing treatment, care planning and delivery.
- Ensures Pre-admission statistics are correctly recorded for collection/evaluation/audit.
- Uses excellent communication skills to undertake pre and post-operative phone calls to ensure continuity for the patient
- Reports clinical concerns to relevant consultants and Out Patients Manager
- Liaises with GPs and health professionals for all patients which require a cancellation or postponement.
- Ability to empathize with patients and deal with difficult situations.
Shifts include; early mornings, middle shifts, evenings and weekends
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive;
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free Off Site Parking
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on and or email