Our client based in Witney are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant in assisting in with the smooth running of the Purchasing department, placing orders and coordinating inbound goods from suppliers in response to customer requirements.
- Placing purchase orders
- Booking stock onto Exchequer as goods are received
- Supplier chasing, expediting and prioritising goods in order
- Allocating received stock to the appropriate customer backorders and releasing these for dispatch.
- Reporting shipment discrepancies to suppliers
- Checking invoices received are for the correct amounts and quantities and reporting any differences to suppliers.
- Answer supplier enquiries regarding outstanding payments
- Deal with queries from sales and customer service teams that require information from suppliers.
- Provide holiday cover and assistance with other office departments as required.
- Needs to work in an efficient and well organised manner without close supervision.
- Very close attention to detail and persistence essential !
- Able to work closely within a small team and lead by example
- Good inter personal skills and telephone manner with confidence and assertiveness needed when speaking to foreign suppliers
- Should be capable of effectively organising and completing projects within given time constraints.
You will need to have PC, Internet, Exchequer accounts package, Excel, Word, Outlook, Telephone, Fax.