Cordant People are working with a leading distributor of plumbing and building materials Our client is looking to recruit an experienced payroll administrator who is passionate about great customer service and wants to shape and further their career within the finance industry .
Do you have payroll experience, strong IT skills a proactive and positive approach with excellent time management to join their vibrant team? Then you could be the person we are looking for!
- Process, administer and input information for all aspects of the payroll cycles up to and including BAC's payment and costing files
- Ensure that payroll data is accurate and maintained in accordance with processes and procedures in the Payroll system
- Administer change of Terms and Conditions of Employment, salary increases and personal details changes, accurately and efficiently
- Collate and load absence data to ensure that statutory payments are made and recorded
- Ensure close working relationships with all HR Shared Service Centre Teams
- Provide a pro-active and positive customer service to support the overall HR Shared Service Centre KPI's
- Effectively and positively deal with queries from Managers and Employees in relation to payroll matters - these will be escalated from the HR Customer Services Team through the call management system
- Action and input all legislative documents for payroll, where relevant (or ensure that the EDI process is run), including P6, P45, P46, court orders, tax credits, student loans
- Ability to complete all requests for information such as mortgage requests, DSS etc, in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other tasks as allocated by Payroll Team Leader or HR Service Operations Manager or Payroll Manager, to ensure the smooth delivery of payroll to our customer base
- Issuing of ad-hoc letters - high level of literacy and written communication
- Ad-hoc involvement in Project work as required
- Ensure all filing is up to date, and documents scanned as per the WebNow Scanning processes
- Processing of Pensions Data - pension starters, leavers
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of processing payroll related information and inputting to payroll systems on a large scale with multiple demands
- Knowledge of payroll administration processes and procedures
- Knowledge of up to date statutory and legislative regulations in relation to payroll such as Tax and NI, Maternity pay etc
- High levels of numeracy and literacy, at least to an A or B GCSE pass grade.
- Must have a strong level of computer literacy including use of Excel spreadsheets, preparation of letters using MS Office Applications, data input to payroll systems, use of reporting tools and Email usage. An intermediate level of IT application usage will be required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
- A very positive and pro-active approach to customer service - previous experience within a customer facing role will be essential
- Must be a team player and have a supportive attitude to colleagues
- Excellent time management and able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
37.5 hours per week
The company is located in Ripon and benefits the use of on site parking.
If you have the key attributes listed above and are ready to further your career , contact Samantha at Cordant People Harrogate ASAP!!
Cordant people are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.