Receptionist / Front Desk Assistant
Job Title: Receptionist / Front Desk Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Contract: Part - time / Flexible (avg. 15 hours per week)
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday 5pm - 9pm and Saturday 1pm - 6pm
- Handling Admissions related enquiries in person, by telephone, email and letter.
- Advise prospective students about courses and their eligibility
- Assisting with the processing of applications as required.
- Auditing admission files to ensure all required documentation has been received from prospective students
- Processing decisions and administering communication of outcomes to students.
- Provide data to other departments on an applicant’s status as necessary
- General administrative duties such as filing, scanning, archiving and sorting post
- Ensure effective communication with line manager regarding work in progress, implementation of developments and emerging trends or issues
- Supporting and guiding through student loan applications
- Monitoring application statuses
- Basic data entry and attendance collection
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the College
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent qualification including English Language and Mathematics
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required for Role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to high quality customer service dealing efficiently and patiently with customers/students
- Confident user of databases and reporting tools with efficient data entry skills
- Experience of working in a data processing environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy with experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and email)
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player and on own initiative
- Commitment to a higher education culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience of working in an Admissions setting
- Knowledge of the Further Education/Alternative Provider Sector
- Experience using Student database system Unit-e
"Regent Group is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships."
You must already have the right to work in the UK or EU and provide Right to Remain or Visa in proof of this.