NVQ Health and Social Care Assessor
Our client is a leading trainer provider in Apprenticeships, Employability courses and Professional Care courses based in Wales. They are seeking a Health and Social Care Assessor to deliver training, assessment, advice and support to learners undertaking their Apprenticeship qualifications across Wales.
· Ensure that learner eligibility is suitable for training provision.
· Complete the necessary Start-Up learner paperwork in line with contractual requirements-with support from the admin team.
· Liaise with both learner and employer during the first month of the apprentice starting their chosen Apprenticeship to arrange an assessment visit to reduce early leaver risk.
· Identify with each learner and employer where necessary, the appropriate programme, qualifications and units.
· Early identification of prior experience and qualifications.
· Agree learner training requirements with the individual and employer, using the ILP document
· Assess learner as required by national standards.
· Provide advice and support throughout each apprentice’s programme.
· Monitor and review the progress of the Apprenticeship with learner and manager.
· Ensure all paperwork is legible, accurate and meets contractual quality standards and timely requirements.
· Participate in observation of own training delivery to learners with line manager-to meet requirements.
· Ensure that flexible delivery of learning takes place through varied visits and assessment methods.
· Ensure each learner is monitored closely and progressed to completion in an agreed length of time.
· Ensure monthly meeting attendance with line manager to review progress.
· Complete Health & Safety assessment visits in line with contractual requirements
· Manage a caseload of 45 learners at any one time
· Ensure all activities and documentation are maintained and reviewed in like with procedures
· Plan meetings with learners and employees
· Maintain and complete required records of training and assessment
· Maintaining and completing required records of training and assessment continually (at each visit) ensuring each learner’s work environment is appropriate and safe
· Ensuring all external testing rules and regulations are followed as laid down by the awarding body.
· Effectively manage your caseload with advice, guidance and support from your line manager
· Undertake general decision making that is appropriate to the role and day-to-day activities of the team and its positive achievement to departmental activities or objectives.
Role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Occupational competency within relevant sector of delivery (ideally in the last five years).
- Must have NVQ/IQA Health and Social Care Experience
- Qualified to D32/33 or A1 Assessors qualifications.
- Basic office IT knowledge (including most Microsoft Office packages).
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels).
- Able to work to targets and deadlines including the monitoring of ongoing individual OPP’s to ensure contractual compliance.
- Able to work as part of a team reporting to line manager
- Experience and knowledge of training and assessment.
- Prior Key Skills/ESW delivery and Technical Certificate
- Ability to speak Welsh
- IQA/TAQA 401/402 qualification
- ESW/Key Skills in Communication & Application of Number (as a minimum) to a level 3-or be prepared to work towards.
Our client is offering an attractive salary of between £22-£24K depending on experience. A laptop and phone will also be provided, along with 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off, and bank holidays.
For more information, please contact Louisa Ellis