Pension Transfer Adviser
This opening is within a truly global business and offers excellent prospects for people with ambition and a great work ethic. The vital elements of this search centre around finding a Diploma Qualified + G60/AF3/IFS Adviser with solid experience in the area of pensions transfer advice. Some of your time will be split between the Isle of Wight, London and their Surrey Head Office. This is a growing and increasingly important area of the business, a great chance to develop and help take this division forward.
The Company: This is a leading Financial Services employer, serving investors all over the world and the Retirement Service offers a telephone based service of regulated advice and guidance to customers who are looking to convert their pension pots into a retirement income.
The Role: This area also provides regulated advice on lifetime allowance issues, making use of lump sums as part of a customer’s retirement planning and pensions consolidation including defined benefit pension transfers. There would be some face to face advice, but the majority of business/advice is done over the telephone.
There is the option for this role to be based either on the Isle of Wight, or in Surrey with regular reporting into their London office required. If you were to be based on the Isle of Wight, you would also act as a mentor / supervisor for other Advisers and several Paraplanners. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating income for the business through the delivery of high quality financial advice to customers over the telephone and face-to face in respect of the financial options available to them at retirement.
- To act as a Pension Transfer Specialist for the advice team
- Ensure you operate within FCA and other regulatory rules at all times.
- Operate within guidelines and procedures laid down by the company to ensure customers are treated fairly.
- Act in a professional and customer focused manner in accordance with the company values.
- Ensure all customer files are kept up-to-date at all times, and are compliant with the firm’s T&C and FCA requirements.
- To maintain membership of a professional body and obey its code of conduct and ethics at all times.
Experience / Skills Required: You must have the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning and ideally either the Advanced Diploma or the G60/AF3/IFS qualifications. It is essential you have previous experience in pensions transfer advice as well as a current Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) and up to date Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Additional Information: Salary is flexible dependant on the location you are primarily based at. For the Isle of Wight, the basic is up to £50,000. Were you to be based in Surrey, there is flexibility to push beyond the £50,000 mark. Again, dependant on your primary location, the benefits package could include a bonus and pension to 13%.
The Pension Transfer Adviser position is only one of many vacancies we are handling. ARC is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment and the Consultant handling this role has over 20 years experience in this field. Areas of expertise include pensions, sales support, employee benefits/group risk, compliance, flexible benefits, paraplanners, underwriting, customer services and IT related roles. We predominately focus on London and the Home Counties, although we have also been successful in offering national solutions and overseas. Check the website and feel free to call Darren Snell at any time.