Financial Control & Systems Accountant
Change Recruitment are currently partnering with a leading financial service client to recruit a Financial Control & Systems Accountant to be based at their offices in Edinburgh.
This is an initial control (6 months) that will work with an experienced finance team, largely partnering with key stakeholders across the business ensuring the integrity of ledger entries to the source systems, controlling data into the ledgers and producing core MI reporting packs
This role will report to a Head of Finance and work with various finance stakeholders, the key responsibilities are:
- Support the delivery of robust financial control to the portfolio management business area
- Support the assurance and reconciliation of portfolio management balances
- Manage relationships with Business Partnering teams
- Operation of the controls to support the assurance of the finance systems
- Ensure compliance with Group Accounting policy
- Proactively drive development and enhancement of the intra-month controls of the source systems
Overall, you will be able to demonstrate a strong awareness of Financial Control and core Accounting skills, whilst also having good understanding of financial systems and processes.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant, have advanced MS Excel skills and have a natural flair for systems. Additionally, strong communication skills and being able to work to pressurised timescales are advantageous for this role.