Electrical Engineer - Sheffield - £30k - £40k
Position – Electrical Engineer
Location – Sheffield
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000
We have a requirement for an Electrical Engineer to join our business supporting the design and development of new innovative technologies. These projects vary from fast paced prototype explorations to fully detailed engineering developments culminating in product manufacture. You will work under instruction from a Senior Engineer (or director) within the engineering team to support the electrical and electronic design and development of new technology products from initial concept phases to full product development. You will manage relationships with suppliers to ensure the delivery of parts required for the delivery of on time completion of prototypes and rigs. On some occasions you will travel to customer and manufacturing partner sites to participate in the development and evolution of products. You will also consolidate electrical design across multiple projects to suit company requirements. As the Electrical Engineer you will coordinate the development and delivery of the electrical design drawings documentation to meet the agreed project programme. You will also be responsible to support and coordinate design and assembly, installation and commissioning of all electrical control systems and design.
Background Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working on build and testing of engineering electromechanical products.
- Some form of higher level educational qualification in a relevant area.
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawings and ability to work with 3D CAD models.
- Must be comfortable working with electro-mechanical products; a good working knowledge of fluids/ pumps /motors is desirable but not essential.
- Capable of working in a team at a prototype level and moving designs through to manufacture.
- Experience of Control System Design
- Electrical Engineering Experience to IEE 17th edition wiring regulations including certification
- Electrical Engineering experience, AC/DC motor drives and controls up to 100HP
- Experience in system wiring and fault finding
- Must have broad knowledge of electrical systems design and using PLC or micro-controller software for complex systems in machine control & process applications and plant wide automation.
- Must be capable of producing technical & functional specifications, wiring schematics/layouts and developing control software from concept through to testing and commissioning.
- Some basic PLC, HMI and SCADA programming experience.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.