Business Development Manager
Our client are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to develop new business and establish public sector, hospitality and retail joinery accounts. This role will be field based but reporting into the office situated in Dudley
The candidate MUST have a proven track record selling joinery
- Establish and agree a new business plan with the MD: contribute to the company strategic sales plan: develop and maintain a pipeline of new prospects:
- Develop hospitality customers who have a regular annual demand for joinery products: develop public sector & retail accounts which have a regular annual joinery demand: report sales activity and customer requirements to the MD: plan and agree resourcing needs with the MD.
- Attend internal meetings as required by the MD: impart market knowledge, competitor activity and information into the business: as necessary support the operations and purchasing departments with project & programme information:
- Provide the sales team with sector insights and promotional requirements: Report new business marketing and sales needs to the MD.
- Secure new business deals by coordinating all the client requirements; help integrate any nominated products or contractors.
- Update weekly sales activity on the shared drive: keep accurate and current records on the CRM: provide the MD with an annual and monthly forecast.
- Develop a resource plan in line with business unit growth.
- When required attend exhibitions and trade shows where the company is exhibiting: promote products and services at these events: Attend customer supplier days and attend relevant trade & retail events as required.
- Experienced in developing and delivering joinery business within a SME or larger company: who retains live and relevant 'joinery’ customer relationships.
- Retains a proven track record of managing sales accounts: who is commercially orientated ideally with 'call off’ experience.
- A flexible individual who enjoys delivering service, presenting benefits and establishing trading relationships.
- Works and completes projects to fixed deadlines.
- Flexible person with strong organisational skills and the ability to project manage multiple tasks.
- Holds an appreciation of commercial pressures and works well independently whilst observing activity targets & reporting.
- The ability to translate customer and market demands into an accessible and successful proposition.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 to 17.30 with flexibility depending on appointment locations and sales activity. 25 days holiday (3 days allocated to Christmas shutdown).
Salary is negotiable but approx £30k with bonus and benefits after 6 month probation.