Full time Permanent
£13,500 - £19,000 depending on experience
My client is a specialist law firm who take care of the legal work involved in selling or buying residential property. They are looking for a Conveyancing Assistant to join their enthusiastic team. The right person in this role will provide effective support to the Conveyancer(s) and act as first line of escalation for Conveyancing Administrator(s) queries and guidance. Provide excellent customer service, understand the technicalities of conveyancing and be able to positively contribute to all stages of the matter. They’ll have great organisational skills and be able to help keep cases on track.
- Managing own email account
- Day to day management of sale files, escalating to the Conveyancer as and when necessary
- Assisting the Conveyancer with all purchase and other matters, escalating to the Conveyancer when necessary
- Diarising and chasing matters as necessary
- Provide professional telephone support to the team
- Preparing accounts echits for all receipts and payments
- Preparing files for exchange of contracts - for approval by the Conveyancer
- Preparing files for completion - for approval by the Conveyancer including necessary letters and accounts paperwork
- Dealing with completion of matters and preparing files for the post completion team
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional, efficient and compliant manner
- Additionally, where Administration support is not available, some or all of the following may be required from time to time
- Incoming & Outgoing post collection/distribution where Administration support is unavailable
- Opening new matter files on business systems
- Assisting with initial administration work on matter files
- Taking customer card payments on account
- Issuing customer forms and assisting in their completion
- Applying for searches
- Using the Land Registry portal to obtain copy deeds
- Assisting with telephone answering where appropriate
- General Admin duties including post, printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Providing ad hoc support to the team when needed.
- Relevant residential conveyancing experience - minimum 1 year
- Good oral and written communication skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active, problem-solving individual
- Great attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of conveyancing protocols
Please apply now if this the role for you!