We are actively looking to recruit a highly motivated Automation Engineer to join a leading manufacturer in Sittingbourne.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your role will be to to carry out system design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance. Your responsibilities will include:
- Repair, refurbishment and maintenance of existing PLC controls and equipment.
- Continuous improvement of processes and manufacturing techniques.
- Liaision with Manufacturing and Engineering to provide successful project solutions, including documentation
- Involvement and liaison with sub-contractors on all projects and installations.
- Hours: 40 hours per week - DAYS ONLY
The right person will have:
- Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, Toshiba, etc.; and HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, etc.
- Proven track record in engineering as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices
- Experience in a similar position is essential
- Industry experience within Automotive, Food Processing, Bio-Tech, Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor, or Water/Wastewater industries would be highly advantageous
If you are an experienced Automation Engineer that is looking to join a forward thinking company and possess the required skills please forward your CV to Gemma Edwards for immediate consideration.