NURSERY PRACTITIONER - £17,500 - £18,500 per annum
We are looking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated NURSERY PRACTITIONER to support the smooth running of a class of children aged 2.5 - 5 years, while working alongside two Montessori Qualified Teachers.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday on a rotating weekly shift pattern as follows: 7:45am to 5pm; 8:15am to 5:30pm and 8:45am to 6:00pm.
Qualification: A UK recognised Early Years/Childcare Qualification.
Purpose of role:
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional and social education that meets children’s individual needs.
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play and structured activities through the use of Montessori Materials and equipment.
- To observe and assess children’s development and keep accurate record of their achievements and feedback these back to parents and other stakeholders.
- Adherence to Montessori principles and practice.
- Excellent knowledge and application of EYFS Welfare Requirements.
- Excellent implementation of the EYFS Curriculum Guidance.
- In-depth understanding/ implementation of Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Excellent Record Keeping: Observation, Planning, and Assessments.
- Excellent Report Writing and Verbal Skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with children and their parents.
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively within a team and one-to-one.
Job offer will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS and satisfactory references from previous employment.
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent).
Salary: £17,500 - £18,500.00 per annum.
Qualification: A UK recognised Early Childhood/Childcare Qualification.
Applicants will be encouraged and supported to train and develop basic understanding of Montessori Principles and Practice.
Required Experience: 1 or 2 Years Previous Work Experience within an Early Years Setting.
Start Date: 2nd May 2017