Senior Business Development / Sales Manager
Central Employment are looking for a proven and successful Senior Business Development / Sales Manager on behalf of a Digital, Technhology focused business in the North East.
Purpose of the Role:
To pro-actively deliver an effective business development plan, in line with the firms commercial strategy, that successfully engages, builds relationships with and acquires new clients target market.
As a Senior Business Development / Sales Manager, it will be your responsibility to deliver effective sales activity that successfully engages prospects in our core target market. The successful application will also be expected to manage a small team, consisting of BDEs and BDMs. Your role will include the following deliverables:
- Develop and deliver a new business development plan that will achieve monthly and quarterly new business targets, to assist with the company’s strategic growth plan.
- Identify, appraise, pursue and close new business opportunities in specific industry sectors.
- Achieve agreed KPI’s relating to activity to develop personal and company sales pipeline
- Establish new business relationships through contact via telephone, email and direct mail to both cold and warm leads.
- Deliver effective face to face and telephone communication, including setting up and delivering prospect meetings and closing new business opportunities
- Deliver new business pitches and online sales presentations to potential clients.
- Develop a personal network of business contacts including a database of suitable leads and potential new business contacts.
- Develop robust and accurate proposal and contract documentation as required.
You’re expected to be able to demonstrate skills and aptitude in the following areas:
- Very pro-active with a real drive to deliver results and comfortable working to targets
- Forward thinking, always looking to improve our delivery
- Commercially focussed application
- Strong organisation skills
- Be able to work effectively alone and as part of a team
- Be able to create opportunities, develop opportunities and close opportunities
- Strong communication and engagement skills
- Creative problem solver
- Effective organisational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and challenge yourself
- A passion and determined attitude to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Hold excellent and confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability portray a strong professional image.
The following experience would be preferred:
- 3 year+ experience of working in a business development manager (or equivalent level) role
- Experience of selling into marketing personnel including Director level
- A proven track record in a consultancy sales role
- Experience of selling online marketing services or technology solutions
- Some form of management, leadership experience in a sales capacity