My client a well-known international college based in the centre of Oxford is a seeking a Catering Coordinator to help support the existing Manager within the catering department.
To provide general catering and administration support to the International College Chef Manager, by taking responsibility for various aspect of the service and catering at the International site.
- Daily cashing-up of till and vending machines and servicing/re-filling of vending machines, in a timely and accurate manner
- Clean kitchen and maintain high standards of kitchen hygiene.
- Counter service.
- Assist in washing up.
- Assist with basic food preparation and other general tasks.
- Provide refreshments for pre-arranged break sessions.
- Assist with special events (e.g. barbeques, celebration dinners etc.)
- Ensure that breaks are taken at appropriate times
Knowledge ,Skills and Experience
- Recent experience of working in a commercial catering environment
- Basic food preparation skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people
- Experience of using an online procurement system
- Confident user of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience Cash handling in an accurate and timely manner
- Experience of general duties in a busy kitchen or café
- Can maintain focus and skill during a busy counter service
- Capable of undertaking some moderately strenuous duties (e.g. standing for long periods and lifting)
- Ability to adapt to changing environments