Senior Business Process Analyst
Purpose of the role:
To understands the customer’s business requirements and business process management, and then translate them to particular software requirements.
The analysis of business processes and identification of alternative solutions to reduce costs, enhance sustainability and improve effectiveness.
The definition of requirements for improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits
Role specific business requirements:
- Collecting and analysing the project business requirements and transferring these to the development team.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of a product to meet the customer’s business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Determine requirements through interviewing, analysing documents, facilitate workshops, surveys, visiting sites to determine business requirements
- Process Reviews
- Documentation of "As Is" business processes, opportunities for improvement and detailed definition of the "To Be" state including gap analysis
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and costs.
- Communication and Reporting
- Presentation of findings and proposals to key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Progress reports and updates to be provided to Project Management.
- Team Working
- Coach and mentor business analysts
- Share best practice in the business.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Experience of working in an analysis role/team - minimum of 5 years
- Experience in leading analysis projects, reviews and gathering business requirements
- Experience of producing requirements documents, functional specifications and user interface guides
- Experience of producing quality work and implementing appropriate controls to ensure accuracy at all times
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Experience of working in a Financial services industry
- Excellent analytical skills, questioning, investigation, documenting and presenting
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with internal and external members.
- Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
- Ability to produce accurate work and have great attention to detail
- Ability to analyse relevant data/processes and provide recommendations on findings to make improvements
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and multi-task individually and as part of a team