Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor role for a mixed use residential development in Manchester City Centre.
Your new company
Ambitions to be one of the most respected mixed-use residential developers in the UK. They invest substantial resources in a small number of projects where we can offer compelling value-add propositions to land vendors and create homes and communities which enhance a city's status. They pride themselves on partnerships based on integrity, and deliver results by relentlessly striving to deliver excellence; working collaboratively, doing the right thing, and raising the bar.
Your new role
The primary function of this role is the successful commercial management of a large mixed use residential scheme in central Manchester. You will be accountable for commercial, contractual and financial matters relating to the build contract element of the development and will act as the team leader to the Quantity Surveyors and the Assistant Quantity Surveyor on site.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
* Agreeing the commercial strategy and procurement strategy with the Managing Surveyor, Commercial Manager, Construction Director, Project Director and Contracts Manager.
* Sub contractor procurement - you will be responsible for recommending sub-contractors for award, sub-contractor and consultant procurement and preparing comprehensive sub-contract orders and ensuring that they are fully executed with terms and conditions that are agreed prior to the sub-contractor commencing on site.
* Cost reporting and financial control, taking ownership of all CPR Reconciliation, value engineering and ensuring you have a detailed understanding of the cost plan and managing the project cashflow.
* Sub contract management and administration - you will manage the administration of the sub contract accounts, issuing payments, pay less and other required notices under the sub contract and main contract, administering all contract records.
* Consultant procurement and appointments - handling all preparation and issue of consultant appointments and conclusion of all consultant and sub-contractor warranties
* All other commercial and contractual duties requested as required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be currently working as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor with involvement in setting the Commercial Strategy and ensuring all goals are achieved successfully.
* Experience working in Sub-Contractor Procurement
* A strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of cost reporting and summary
* Experience in managing sub contract accounts, issuing payments and administering all contract records.
* Advantageous - previously worked with consultant appointments and procurement.
MRICS/ MCIOB, or actively working towards
* BSc. - Quantity Surveying or equivalent
Excellent communication skills; ability to engage and build relationships at all levels
* Relentless drive for improvement - enhance the business and aid personal credibility
* Attention to detail - rigorous, analytical and comfortable to negotiate
* Experience of supporting a team; delivering outstanding results
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and have the opportunity to join a growing main contractor who are making their mark on the residential scene in Manchester with this flag ship project.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.