Cathedral Appointments are currently looking for candidates with either previous secretarial experience or proven fast and accurate typing skills to join a well-established, prestigious law firm in Taunton as a Legal Secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge within a legal environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing a variety of documents from audio/digital dictation and other instructions as directed by the fee earner.
- Collation and pagination of documents.
- Dealing accurately and efficiently with filing, and also the storage and retrieval of client files in line with the firm’s filing system.
- Making effective use of IT systems, specifically Word, Excel and the firm’s Case Management System.
- Taking and recording accurate messages and passing these on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
- Attending to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up to date diary.
- A team player who is flexible and dedicated with the ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Excellent typing skills in excess of 60 WPM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
As well as a competitive starting salary and great benefits, you will work within a friendly and supportive team environment, with the opportunity to progress.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send your CV through to Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Legal Secretary, Secretary, Law Firm, Audio Typing, Typing, Typist, Law, Jobs in Somerset, Taunton