Audit Senior - Stepping Stone into Management Role
My client, a highly regarded mid-tier, and West-End based accountancy firm, is currently seeking a newly qualified driven and ambitious Audit Senior to join their busy and expanding team. This position will offer excellent career progression opportunities as well as significant personal development.
As the Audit Senior, you will work as part of an audit team and will take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision. You will also assist in supervising the audit process to ensure that the audits are completed to a high standard.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting Partners with managing client portfolios, and ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with audit standards and internal procedures
- Managing, organising and planning the execution and finalisation of all areas of the Audit assignment, reporting for final Manager and Partner review
- 70% to 80% Audit; includes some statutory accounts and tax compliance
- Ensuring that the accounts comply with applicable legislation and accounting standards
- Performing spot checks on files prior to being passed to Partners
- Supervising the work of Audit Semi Seniors including on-the-job training
- Budgetary planning and monitoring the team’s work against agreed targets
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Formally ACA/ACCA Qualified
- A good understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP
- A strong Audit Pedigree
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
- Have a minimum 3 years working within an accountancy practice environment
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Driven, willing, confident and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Client focused
The successful candidate will be provided with fantastic career opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a highly respected, mid-tier accountancy practice based in the West End. This firm offers and attractive salary package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to work alongside likeminded individuals.
Working Hours: 40 Hours + Overtime
Position: Audit Senior
Duration (if temp/contract): Permanent
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 - Negotiable on experience
Your CV will be forwarded to Robin Eades of ReuMilla Walker, a leading Practice recruitment consultancy based in Kent. The services advertised by ReuMilla Walker are those of an Employment Agency. Please contact Robin Eades at ReuMilla Walker.