Purchase Ledger Clerk
Position: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000
Start Date: ASAP
Location: South Manchester
My client are a nationally recognised company based in Crewe. They are looking to add to their Finance team of 7 and are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk. There will be exposure dealing with month-end and management accounts and the opportunity to progress into a varied accounts role over time.
The ideal candidate:
- A good knowledge and understanding of the accounts Payable function with a minimum of 12 months experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Strong Excel is required
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to interact with employees and clients in a professional manner
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Match, batch and code purchase invoices
- Ensure statements are administered in a timely manner
- Perform payments runs (BACS, CHAPS, Cheques, Direct Debit)
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Resolve any queries that are raised by the supplier
- All queries and correspondence must be filed.
- Accruals, prepayments
This role will suit somebody with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to daily tasks. If you are interested in this role and feel you have all the relevant skills then please email your CV to for immediate consideration.