Exciting permanent opportunity for a testing and inspecting technician at Porton Down.
Your new company
EMCOR UK brings you integrated facilities management services with one goal in mind: to make your life easier. We believe in increasing efficiency by aligning with you to provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services you need to concentrate on what matters most to you-your business. We work quietly behind the scenes to make sure that every challenge you meet becomes an opportunity. We're not a supplier; we're a partner.
Your new role
In this role you will be required to isolate defective equipment from power supplies, check visually for faults, test mechanical parts for faults, isolate the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem. You will also need to install electrical systems and associated equipment whilst confirming to safety rules and apply good engineering and safety practices.
You will need to ensure the delivery of electrical aspects are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all of our direct and indirect clients. You must also be willing to work in secure and sensitive environment on an exclusively manned site
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified to C&G 2360 part 1 &2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 17th edition
- C&G 2391-10- Inspection and Testing
- C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Understanding of A/C systems and controls
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
What you'll get in return
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Sick Pay
- Overtime paid at: x1.5 Mon-Sat, x2 Sun and BH
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.