Financial Accountant - FTC
An excellent opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a reputable local organisation based in Edinburgh on a fixed term contract.
This organisation is a well-known and reputable local organisation based just on the outskirts Edinburgh. They play a vital role within the local community supporting and assisting in all areas. This organisation has grown steadily over the last few years and have increased their finance department exponentially over the last 5 years. As with any large organisation they rely on the accuracy and involvement from the finance department to assist and guide in business as usual, projects, development and expansion.
The position of Financial Accountant is a key position for this organisation. You will be dealing with several key areas of the business to assist and guide from a financial aspect. You will be working with both financial and non-financial individuals within the organisation on projects to implement and improve business processes. This is a very dynamic and varied role so if you like dealing with a lot of different areas then this would be great for you.
The role of Financial Accountant will offer an equivalent salary of £32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience plus a great benefits package. This role will be a fixed term of 6 months.
The role will fashion the following duties:
- Month-end and quarterly reporting
- Financial accounting
- Budget and overall strategy setting
- Creation and review of key business plans and processes
- Working collaboratively with the wider finance team to guide them from a financial standpoint
- Advising internal stakeholders
- Business partnering
- Ad-hoc reporting
To be considered for this role you have the following skills/experience:
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ICAS(ICAEW), Qualified by Experience will also be considered
- Substantial experience of working in a local authority or a wider financial environment.
- Experience of leading or delivering projects and improvements
- Experience with financial accounting
- Advanced user of Excel
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to interact and influence senior internal & external stakeholders
For more information, please contact Lewis Cavanagh