Audit Senior, Auditor - FTC 6 months
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
- Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Identify and highlight any opportunities for S&W apparent from work undertaken.
- Assist and perform training of junior staff.
- Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
- Complete assessment forms of audit team.
- Monitor adherence to budget.
- Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
- Perform work in accordance with S&W audit and assignment procedures.
- Ensure all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
- Prepare draft accounts/report and completion memo (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
- Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the clients business.
- Provide regular progress reports to the manager.
- Identify and discuss with manager issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
- Ensure deadlines met.
- Be able to work on several different assignments at one time.
- Attendance on courses.
- Technical reading.
- Attend client meetings
- Judgement: be able to take a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on information available.
- Planning and organising: needed throughout process to ensure deadlines met.
- Customer focus: develop relationship and gain confidence of client.
- Commercial awareness: awareness of the key business drivers and the commercial pressures affecting the client.
- Teamwork: ability to optimise the team’s performance and fulfil the needs of each team member in terms of personal and professional development.
- Technical expertise: technical competency.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients.
- Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work.
- Demonstrable ability to organise self and others, such that you can work on several different assignments at one time.