Manager - Executive Advisor - Banking Risk (Credit)
Job Description: The role is focused giving advice to clients with regards to the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9). Would also have to help clients build credit risk measurement models. Also expected to lead work streams that sit within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The Client: Our client is a leading worldwide financial consultancy service who are currently recruiting for their Risk Practice.
- The ideal candidate will help in advising clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
- The individual will also be expected to lead the individual work streams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
- The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Detailed knowledge and experience in delivering of IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
- Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Methodology design
2) Data extraction and pre-processing
3) Modular model development
4) User acceptance testing
5) Model performance assessments
6) Model validation
- In addition the candidate should be experienced in explaining complex technical terms or impacts to a senior non-technical audience.
- Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
- Ability to understand programming code including VBA, SAS, MatLab, C++ etc.
- Relevant Sectoral experience - Developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models.