Senior Utility Surveyor (Home Based)
Utility Location and Mapping
Based on exp (senior level at higher salary)
Staff for which post holder is directly responsible:
Purpose of job
Gathering of data to produce mapping information of underground and overhead distribution and supply services.
Carrying out the identification of utility pipes and cables for verification, validation and excavation avoidance using Radio Detection and GPR Techniques.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive to location of work, as specified by Project Managers
- Interpret existing utility information plans.
- Adhere to working instructions as specified from internal and external clients
- Conduct internal paperwork as required
- Communicate with internal and external parties
- Conduct training as required
- Maintain equipment as required
- Survey areas as indicated within working instructions
- Undertake investigative, non-destructive surveys and conduct paperwork in accordance with company procedures
- Carry out surveys using Radio Detection and GPR units in conjunction with other company activities in accordance with company procedures.
Essential professional/technical skills/qualifications required before employment:
Good working Knowledge of Radio Detection and GPR Equipment
Willing to work away from home when required
Willing to work flexible hours when required
Can adapt to varied working environments.
Interpret maps and plans
Literate and numerate
Good communication skills
Desirable professional/technical skills/qualifications required before employment:
Essential personal attributes:
Ability to follow instructions
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to work as part of a multi disciplined team
Punctuality and efficiency
Desirable personal attributes:
Willingness to learn and adhere to new systems and procedures where applicable
Ability to communicate at all levels
Essential qualifications/training required for position:
The post holder will be expected to attend and pass internal and industry recognised external training courses. Which may include N.R.A.S.W.A, CSCS, manual handling and equipment familiarisation.
Desirable qualifications/training required for position:
Relevant Utility industry related qualifications and equipment qualifications, including previous Radio Detection and GPR Training