System & PBC Test Engineer
System & PCB Test Engineer.
Clevedon, North Somerset
£18,000 - £20,000pa
System & PCB Test Engineer
My client manufacture industrial standby DC battery chargers operating from 24C through to 220V. The position will involve the configuration and testing of the systems to agreed standards before despatch. Customer contact is required during a FAT (Factory Acceptance Test).
The position may require fault finding of systems down to component level on both through hole and surface mount PCBs.
The position will also require the development and writing of adequate test procedures for use within the test department.
Reporting and Lines and Communications:
- Responsible to Production Manager.
- Reporting to System & PCB Test Team leader.
- Other relationships with Production Supervisor, Technical Dept, PCB, Stores, Customer Service, Engineering, QA/Desp
· To test manufactured equipment to agreed standards
· To test bought-in equipment to agreed standards
· To complete factory acceptance tests (FATs) to customer specifications
· To capacity test batteries.
· To evaluate testing of both new & existing equipment and ensure that agreed standards are achieved
· To maintain test equipment to required standards
· To provide fault finding down to component level on both through hole and surface mount PCBs and ensure customer returns are repaired in a timely manner
· To assist in the development and writing of agreed standards
· Participate in troubleshooting and reporting of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
· To ensure quality standards and records are maintained
· To provide feedback to Design and Engineering and to participate in design review meetings
· To provide regular (monthly) reporting against KPIs.
· The person should be self-motivated, able to plan their workload to match the requirements of the business.
· Must work well in a team environment
· Good knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
· Attention to detail
· Analytical problem solving
· Self directed and highly motivated
· 5 year experience in a relevant area
· Understanding of high frequency power supply technology
· Computer literate with a knowledge of embedded systems
· LabView aware
Metrics and KPIs:
· Reporting of faults and root cause analysis
· Not Right First Time (NRFT %) - internal/external
· First Time Pass Rates (FTPR %)
· Warranty Returns - internal/external (Value)
· Failure rates (% of product)
· Scrap (Value)
· Appropriate vocational qualification, e.g. City & Guilds / BTEC
To be agreed.
Performance and goals to be reviewed twice a year.
Relevant Quality Procedures
QAM (sections 1-3) QAP2.7, 3.3, 4.1, 4.2