Purchase Ledger Assistant
Job Title: Purchase Ledger Assistant
Location: Chipping Norton
Salary: £18,000 to £21,000pa plus study support if required
Our client is an impressive and quite unique business which is unlike any other in the region. They are synonymous with quality, luxury and exclusivity. Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for a high calibre and very capable Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their finance team. This role will be both interesting and rewarding on every level. You will be a key part of the finance team and you will receive recognition for your hard work, loyalty and dedication.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To manage and maintain purchase orders register.
- Manage the purchase order system with a view to have accurate records for the Purchase Orders.
- To check all purchase invoices received for pricing and arithmetical accuracy as well as collating with delivery notes and purchase orders where appropriate.
- To seek authorisation of purchase invoices by the relevant Head of Department and either Financial Controller or General Manager.
- To enter all purchase invoices and credit notes on the purchase ledger in accordance with the accounting periods.
- To pay suppliers in accordance with the Terms and Conditions generating integrated cheques and remittance advices.
- To seek the relevant signatories for the cheques and send to the Group Financial Director according to the time scale set.
- To resolve any queries on purchase invoices with the relevant supplier.
- To check the commission invoices for their correctness and process the payment.
- To maintain in-house records of all purchase invoices,
- To maintain the integrity of the purchase ledger.
- To assist with the development of payments system by BACS.
- To produce the Purchase order and invoices accruals.
- To ensure Company standards are adhered to at all times.
- To comply with all Health & Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment, Security, Fire and safety requirements in the department.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
Key Skills & Experience:
- At least one year's experience in a Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable position
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Confident and good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A good head for numbers and good computing skills
- Sage Line 200 would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful applicant can expect study support for the AAT qualification if required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV along with details of your current notice period and/or availability as well as your current or most recent salary.