Structural Technician (Construction/ Building/ Structural/ Civil Engineer)
Burton Upon Trent
£28,000 – £33,000 + Contributory Pension + 31 Days’ Holiday + Benefits Package.
Monday to Friday, 8:30pm to 5pm
Structural Technician is required for a very successful manufacturer within the construction industry. The company an amazing facility and are able offer career development opportunities.
The Structural Technician must have experience undertaking structural calculations. The candidate must be a confident communicator and able to provide answers in a set time frame for customers. The candidate must also be able to read technical drawings in order to provide accurate quotations. Ideally the candidate will have experience working in a construction, building, structural or civil environment and be educated to degree level within this field.
The role will involve answering customer queries, estimating and delivering quotes. To do this the successful candidate will liaise with customers and engineering, carry out structural calculations and be able to successfully read technical drawings. Calculations will include undertaking load assessments in line with British standards. The work will be within a fast-paced environment, working on projects from cradle to grave.
This is a well-established multinational company that is currently experiencing a period of successful growth. On the job training, can be provided and will involve learning about the entire life cycle of the product produced by the company.
* Prepare accurate, competitive and detailed technical quotes based on information received
* Prepare load assessments and load calculations
* Answer technical phone queries, whilst serving the customer with the highest level of technical and customer service
* Liaise with clients, customers and other engineers, answering queries and providing estimates.
* Completing all work in line with British Standards
*Work within a fast-paced office based environment.
• The company will consider a hungry graduate or experienced structural technician.
• An understanding and ability to read technical drawings
• Ability to carry out structural calculations.
• Comfortable speaking over the phone and providing work estimates.
• Experience working in construction, structural or civil engineering environment.
• Civil/ structural engineering degree or similar.