Engineering Technician Multi-Skilled
Gi Group are pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for Engineering Technician - Multi-Skilled.
Our client is a global leader in their field with a history spanning over 50 years, providing high quality building solutions in to a broad range of market sectors from their high-tech facility in North Yorkshire. Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: up to £33,000
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To carry out routine, preventative maintenance on a wide range of plant machinery.
- To diagnose and provide solutions for breakdowns across site.
- Work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and Controls teams to ensure that plant priorities are met.
- React quickly to plant breakdown situations when notified by production and provide timely, robust solutions to return plant to full productivity.
- Ensure compliance with planned maintenance strategies for plant and equipment.
- Recommend and support value added improvement initiatives where appropriate.
- To support the company manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- Make Plant Engineers aware of any machine issues and aid with stock control by reporting potential shortages.
- Maintain high standards of craftsmanship, HSE awareness and housekeeping in all working areas.
- Attend educational courses, workshops, training etc. to develop technical knowledge and abilities.
- Carry out modifications and installation work where required to continually improve plant reliability, safety and process quality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND/City and Guilds/NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualified in Engineering with 17th Edition (electrical) and at least 3 years' experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in complying with planned and preventative engineering strategies.
- Must be able to demonstrate a diverse skill set encompassing electrical skills / knowledge and at least one other core discipline e.g. mechanical or controls / PLC.
- Fault finding and rectification skills on a range of equipment.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- Ability to use clear judgment and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressurised situations.
- 4 - shift continental pattern, 12 hours
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with strong engineering experience to join an exceptional company! International, growing establishment, my client is a fantastic company to work for. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
The Gi Group operates in twelve countries across Europe, Asia and South America giving us genuine global reach and influence. Our worldwide turnover is now in excess of €1 billion and we place more than 40,000 people in to work each week. We are proud to say that we work for more than 12,500 companies around the world.
To be considered for this role please email your CV.