£27,000 - £35,000 Basic Salary + Very Competitive Package
My client is a world leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Development Engineer, based in Swadlincote, UK.
As a Development Engineer you will report directly to the Lean Facilitator. You will be part of my clients Operations team. The successful candidate will have an engineering background and a ‘hands on, can do’ approach in bringing gangway and related projects from concept through to production both individually and as part of a team.
- To contribute to a full range of technical and engineering activities
- Supplying specialist advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate
- Assist with problem resolution and process improvement individually or as a member of a project team
- Collaborate closely with our international development and engineering team and key customers base to establish precise project requirements and provide technical support
- Carry out a full range of technical operations, including the preparation, fitting and testing of pre-production of sample gangways and related products, selection of technical options, materials and methods
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects/investigations
- Monitor and work with IPR together with the global Development manager
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ideally a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Capable of controlling projects/work packages
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- A knowledge of rubber/fabric/plastic composites would be advantageous
- Hands on person with theoretical knowledge who is not shy to get their hands dirty. You would describe yourself as a doer
- Rail industry experience is an advantage but not essential
- Ability to travel, UK and abroad
- Valid Driving Licence
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given.
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.