Environmental Tax Manager
A new role has come up to join a large international group in their tax team as Environmental Tax Advisory Manager.
Reporting to a Head of Tax you will assist with environmental tax focussed advisory projects including due diligence and integration, financing, restructuring and appropriate tax planning, implementation of the Group's tax strategy and providing advice to the business on a wide variety of business transactions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience tax professional to into a varied and challenging role with a large multinational professional.
Ideally you will be a qualified senior manager from a Big4/Top10, or equivalent, with relevant background in your existing role.
You will have responsibility for:
- Assisting with business development initiatives on target accounts, contributing to winning new work
- Leading existing client engagements, reporting direct to a partner
- Assisting with the developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally and nationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Contributing to enhancement of relationships with targets and clients
- Identifying cross service line opportunities
- Contributing to existing team spirit and ensuring coming to work is fun
- Managers and Senior Managers will also have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- ATT or CTA or equivalent qualification or experience
- Prior UK VAT experience gained within professional services or HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunity and take early responsibility
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
- Strong team skills with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Sound people management skills
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this tax manager job