European VAT Compliance Manager - CMK Upto £70kpa
Ascendant recruitment are delighted to be working closely with a large financial services organisation based in the central Milton Keynes area which is a stones throw away from the train station. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a huge organisation offering promising company benefits and future progression.
Reporting to the Head of European VAT Compliance, this role will involve supporting the team leader of the new centralised European VAT Compliance. This new team will be part of an established team responsible for project managing and tracking key global compliance deadlines on long term multi country engagements, including those for monthly, quarterly and annual indirect tax filings.
- Assisting with the on-boarding of multi-country outsourcing clients including mapping and documenting of generic VAT compliance processes, liaison with key international company & client stakeholders throughout the management of the international project roll-out.
- Acting as key contact and escalation point for clients in respect of all areas of their VAT Compliance
- Analysing the output from key data tests performed during client implementation and as part of the regular return cycle. Look for indirect tax consulting opportunities arising and defining projects for completion either by the VAT team or by local VAT experts within the company practices in the UK and elsewhere.
- Providing quality assurance over the European indirect tax filings including review of exception reports and sense checking draft returns for specific VAT treatments, interacting with relevant VAT and tax expertise in local countries where required.
- Ensuring European VAT Compliance documentation and process notes are kept up to date
- Working with the European VAT Compliance Leader on key multi-country service bids of which VAT is a key component.
- Managing the day to day relationship with the software vendor, ensuring SLA levels are met.
- Other ad hoc internal projects as they emerge within the business.
- Good VAT technical skills ideally from a previous European role in practice or industry
- An interest and strong capability in VAT return processing, process improvement and technology enablement;
- Effective use of IT, including Microsoft Office packages in particular excel;
- Relationship management - internally and externally;
- Exposure to projects with an international dimension and appreciation of the cultural nuances this generates;
- Ability to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively;
- Skills in functional process-mapping, including an attention to detail and ability to identify anomalies;
- Self-starter, organised, professional - both internally and client facing.
Please apply today! Due to the high number of quality roles we are working upon, we may not be able to call you within 24 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a Consultant as quickly as possible, and if you are shortlisted by our client we will call you within 48 hours. If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent, typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!