Wholesale Ranging & Display Planner
Wholesale Ranging and Display Planner
Victoria House, London
WHSmith is one of the UK's most successful and established retailers. Celebrating our 225th anniversary this year, we're still breaking stereotypes and progressing year on year. We currently have a brilliant opportunity for a Wholesale Ranging and Display Planner to join our team based at our Travel Head Office, London.
The Wholesale business covers all WHSmith franchised and international stores. In this challenging and fast paced role you will create and deliver ranges and planograms for franchise stores which support the financial objectives of the business. This role would suit someone who is working in retail within Visual Merchandising or Merchandising role, currently working with multiple products or someone who has a creative flair and an eye for the little details.
* Create and deliver ranges and planograms for franchised stores which support the financial objectives of the business.
* Maintain and update the Wholesale Space Database, ensuring all space in stores is accurately documented.
* Providing data of any range changes
* Liaise with trading teams across the Travel and High Street to understand range changes and opportunities.
* Maintain planogram, image and description information on the customer Wholesale website (Netsuite).
* New Store set up process.
* Ensuring all planograms and ranges meet the needs of the customer and are visually impactful.
* Analysis of data (demand, margin, rate of sale etc) to ensure optimum range construction
* Assist with supply chain processes (Forecasting, reviewing orders etc)
* Support franchise stores with queries in a timely manner via email and phone.
* Support with in-store merchandising when required
The requirements of the role
* Previous experience in retail, visual merchandising, display planning or store environment would be considered
* Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal with credibility to influence at all levels of the business
* The ability to combine commerciality with creativity
* High level of attention to detail
* Understanding of merchandising principles
* Excellent organisation and planning skills
* Creativity and flair
* Flexible and quick to adapt (problem solving)
* Excellent PC skills including sound working knowledge of Excel (must be able to do vlookups and use a pivot table)
* Strong analysis and interpretation skills
* Independent and able to work unsupervised
* Self motivated
* Confident and able to make/defend decisions
* Able to implement new processes
What's in it for you?
We're a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates