Assistant Client Accountant
Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an Assistant Client Accountant in Ipswich. The successful candidate will be supporting the Operational Finance function in the processing of client funds including postings to ledger systems, making payments and reconciliation work. This is a great opportunity to gain some extremely valuable skills in a professional environment.
Your typical day to day duties will include:
- Daily preparation of client cashbooks.
- Daily reconciliation of bank system.
- Daily clearing Client suspense accounts.
- Investigating and responding to Client and internal queries.
- Preparation, input and checking of transfers and payments on bank systems.
- Payment of invoices, delivering remittance information and investigating queries.
- Banking and preparing incoming cheques.
- Writing and issuing cheque payments
- Adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Meeting all applicable SLAs.
The ideal candidate will have some recent experience in an accounting or cashiering function and have experience of bank reconciliation work. Knowledge of the regulations surrounding the Financial Services industry would be an advantage as is the ability to work both as part of a team or under your own initiative. This is a fantastic opportunity within a great company wherein there really is scope to excel.