Head of MFL
Head of MFL Teacher
(Spanish with French)
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: September 2017
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR + ILW
School Information: Comprehensive Mixed School, age range 11-18
Horizon Teachers are seeking a Head of MFL for one of our clients. This school is based in the borough of Bromley and has good transport. We are looking to appoint an excellent Head of MFL who is looking to work within a department of excellent teachers. Due to a change within the middle management, the school are keen to hear from Head of MFL teachers, or experienced teachers looking for progression within their career.
• Provide high quality leadership of the curriculum team to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities to deliver a high quality curriculum and lessons to ensure the pupils make the progress expected of them.
• Lead and develop all aspects of MFL within the Academy
• Contribute to the leadership capacity of the Academy
• Contribute to the teaching of the MFL across all age and ability ranges
• To develop the GCSE MFL curriculum
• To plan, deliver outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
• Teaching Spanish or French from KS3-5
• To participate in whole school/Department INSET
• To demonstrate good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom.
• To undertake any additional duties as may reasonably required by the CEO or Principal
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or be Overseas Trained Teacher
- PGCE in MFL or degree level equivalent
- Extensive experience teaching KS4
- Excellent Management skills
- Good behaviour management and subject knowledge
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.