Hard Landscape Foreman
Role: Hard Landscape Foreman
Location: Wallingford, Oxfordshire
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000 p.a.
Job Type: Full Time
Atlas Employment are pleased to be working with a local client who work on high value projects with the objective of this role to manage individual landscaping projects on site, including the construction of a range of hard and soft features of a garden design, on time, on budget and to the level of quality set by the designer.
- Mark out site, set levels, prepare foundations
- Prepare bases, including the use of ready mixed concrete and supervise and/or use a wacker plate
- Lay paving slabs, dry, semi-dry and wet point
- Build brick and stone walls, steps and other features
- Frame up and construct decking, close board and panel fencing
- Excavate, construct, line and dress water features
- Prepare ground for turf, including setting of levels, even compaction of ground and correct laying of turf
- Prepare soil and beds for planting, correct plant handling, identification and basic maintenance
- Operate machines in the course of hard and soft landscaping duties
- Undertake specific tasks set by manager
- Maintain clean and tidy tools and equipment at all times
- Hard and soft landscaping skills required for above duties
- Use of fertilisers, pesticides and other chemicals, preferably with PA1 and PA6
- Staff management, training and motivation
- Use of 360 degree excavator, dumper, rotovator, grinders, disc cutter, circular saw
- Acts as a team player
- Asks for help and guidance when needed
- Is punctual and respects company working hours
- Takes responsibility for fulfilling the job role
- Takes the initiative for problem solving
- Demonstrates they can learn from their mistakes
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for this, please contact Alex Walton at Atlas Employment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.