Assistant Project Accountant
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance individual to join an expanding business in Sowerby Bridge
Your new company
Your new company is one of the world's leading manufacturers in their specialist sector exporting to over 75 different countries.
Your new role
You will provide assistance to the Senior Project Accountant and to the wider UK accounts team to help achieve the objectives of the department producing timely, accurate and relevant information.
This role is for a junior who has a passion for finance and would like to be trained further - the client encourages career progression and is a fantastic opportunity.
Key Responsibilities include:
* To be an integral part of the Project Accounts Team - assisting in producing information and putting together project accounts for month end.
- To complete full month end in a timely manner - this includes balance sheet reconciliation, monthly P&L with analysis and commentary, cost analysis, revenue recognition and creating accruals and journals.
* Ensure sub-contractors are paid in a timely manner.
* Be comfortable talking to customers when chasing debt and handle customer and supplier queries.
* Have knowledge of purchase orders and invoicing
* Raise sales invoices and make project payments
* Provide assistance and relevant support to the Senior Project Accountant and carry out any other ad hoc duties.
This is a full time permanent role Monday - Friday 36.25 hours
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an ambitious individual who likes to be challenged and learn new skills - you will also have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to prioritise work loads and communicate effectively on all levels.
The client is happy to train the right candidate on extra management accountant duties therefore a willingness to learn and further your career is required.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an attractive salary plus career progression opportunities as well as 22 days holiday + bank holidays, 3% pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.