Do you have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering? Do you have at least 8 years' Design experience? Are you competent using 2D and 3D CAD Tools?
We are currently recruiting for an Electro-mechanical Engineer for our well-established client based in Swindon.
Reporting to the Senior Electromechanical Engineer, you are a member of the Engineering Development Team with personal and functional responsibility for the delivery of electromechanical product designs and hardware solutions that meet the demands of the business.
To understand project technical requirements in conjunction with both our client's and external customers, to undertake and coordinate the detailed electromechanical design activities required to translate these into cost effective products and to ensure that robust, reliable technical solutions are implemented and demonstrated as fit for purpose in a design-for-manufacture environment.
- To work collaboratively with the technical teams to develop hardware solutions, performing relevant calculations, associated simulations and tests to deliver robust, innovative technical solutions.
- To stabilise and standardise 3D CAD data structures and model formats, ensuring their implementation and adoption into general development drawing practice for 2D and 3D design activities.
- To use your skills to maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation for solutions, communicating necessary theoretical principles to junior and senior technical staff.
- To understand product performance principles, identifying key specification issues and performance criteria in order to develop, demonstrate and carry out robust product functionality tests.
- To supervise, train and mentor junior staff to realise best practice.
- To assist the business with identifying existing product or application issues and then delivering robust, proven solutions in a design-for-manufacture environment.
- To sustain and support production of the existing technology base.
Your technical leadership of electromechanical design activities must be based upon providing a professional and reliable service to colleagues and customers who are directly affected by the activities in which you are engaged. Personally motivated by a desire to solve problems, you will be meticulous in your approach and confident to engage in theoretical review. Committed to a long-term future with the business, you will be energised by working with employees at all levels.
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering with >8 years design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use and apply 2D and 3D CAD tools at component part and product levels.
- Knowledge and application of engineering materials, associated implementations and related tooling.
- Familiarity with turbomachinery, rotating machine concepts, dynamics and associated fluid mechanics.
- Organised, confident, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 18 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www.jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www.jackiekerrrecruitment. com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.