Registered Nurse / Junior Care Service Manager
The Junior Care Service Managers works closely with the Regional Clinical Manager in setting up & supervising care packages for clients assigned to them. Ensuring continuity of appropriate care for Active Assistance clients through supervision and delivery of education within the clients’ home in line with requirements set out in the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety March 2010
Under the direction of the Regional Clinical Manager
- Complete and review Client Needs and Risk Assessments in line with CQC guidance
- Develop, review and implement Service User Personal Care Plans in line with CQC guidance
- Manage client care packages, monitor client care and well being
- Working with the Training Team, support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, by working alongside them on assignment and assisting with competency based training.
- Work with the recruitment team to assist in the interviewing of Personal Care Assistants as required.
- Take part in scheduling of PAs in live out Care Packages as required
- Undertake shifts within care packages as an when required
- Provide supervision of PAs in line with PA supervisors
- Take part in the of Out of Hours Emergency Service as required
- Liaise with Social Services and attend case conferences/ MDT meetings as required
- Support Head of Care in the development of new care packages to ensure that the company’s financial objectives are achieved
- Attend and contribute to Care Service Manager Meetings as required
- Inform the Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
- Tasks and projects as determined by Regional Clinical Manager and within the scope of the role
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Newly qualified Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist or
- Clinical Qualification that is not registerable in the UK e.g. Registered Nurse. Physiotherapist, Doctor, Social Worker or
- NVQ level 4 in care
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Willing to travel extensively within own geographical area in order to manage case load effectively
- Willing to travel to Head Office on a regular basis to attend meetings and assist with training and scheduling as required
- Car owner with full UK driving licence
- Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting.
- Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Moving and Handling Trainer and/or Assessor, Nursing Patients with Spinal Cord Lesion award or other relevant additional qualification or willingness to undertake required qualification
- Excellent team and verbal & written communication skills, results driven
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
- Ideally will have experience of dealing with Multi-disciplinary teams
This role is Home based, the JCSM will be expected to work flexibly, hours are predominantly Monday - Friday 9-5.30 but it is recognised these hours may vary depending on the work demands and shift patterns that may be required.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted