Permanent HLTA, Gravesend
We are working with a mainstream primary school in Gravesend who are looking to recruit a permanent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work with children across the school. The school are looking at holding interviews and the successful candidate will start after Easter half term.
This is a part time position working Monday - Thursday afternoons only, and 08:30 - 3:30 on Friday with regular cover opportunities if needed.
The role will consist of supporting and teaching children in whole classes, groups and on a 1:1 basis. Therefore, having a good understanding of the National Curriculum is essential.
Your key duties will be to:
· Support children across all subjects including PE
· Cover lessons during teacher absence
· Assist the teacher in the planning and assessment of lessons
· Differentiate activities when required
· Implement effective behaviour management strategies
· Carry out administrative tasks
· Attend meetings and liaise with staff effectively
· Fulfil any other duties allocated to you by the Class Teacher
It is essential that you have HLTA Status or equivalent accompanied by the certificate, experience of working within a classroom setting and enjoy working with children.
You will be rewarded with an excellent salary of Kent Range 5 (£17,651 - £19,414).
If you would like a detailed job specification and are interested in this position then please send me your CV ASAP!