Junior Front End Developer
Are you looking to start a career in Front End Development?
A Junior Front End Developer role has come available within a luxury retail business based in Leicestershire who strives for excellence with both is products and services. There is the opportunity to learn and work your way up the ladder within their e-commerce team.
This Luxury retailer is known for having a great culture with friendly and personable staff. This is an exciting time for the business who is going through international expansion at the moment and have acquired a number of new businesses in the last 12 months.
The Key responsibilities day to day are:
- Supporting the Lead Front End Developer to make updates and improvements across multiple e-commerce websites, whilst supporting a well-defined luxury brand positioning.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders, you will ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and build them with an eye on optimisation to ensure maximum performance and scalability.
- You will develop new user-facing features, building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Provide front end technical support and help with planning, testing and implementing web development projects and user requests in line with the wider e-commerce roadmap.
The successful candidate will:
- You are a passionate Front End Developer, commercially experienced, and have a desire and a drive to produce the very best work possible in a fast-paced and exciting retail environment.
- Proficient in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of responsive mobile frameworks desired
- Commercial background with a portfolio readily available.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills as well as organised with ability to plan workloads
- Self - motivated and a passion to learn
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience of user testing, including A/B split testing and personalisation solutions desired
- Adobe CS Suite Skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) knowledge preferable