Dental Practice Manager - Oxford
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Dental Practice Manager in Oxford someone with excellent managerial experience, to lead an existing team.
They look for commercially minded individuals, who want to transition or continue their career as a Practice Manager, offering fantastic opportunities. You will be confident leading a team of between 7 to 15 people & have had experience of all the normal day to day management responsibilities.
You will need to understand how to generate income & control costs. You must be comfortable in conversing with people from all walks of life, from dentists, patients and your practice team.
The role is a varied & interesting balance of maximising income & profit of the practice, through proactive business management techniques, whilst balancing the overall needs of the dentists, to ensure they can put the patient first. You should be ready to challenge the status quo & look for improvement opportunities, control costs & set achievable but stretching targets for team members.
- You will coach, lead & develop a high performing practice team;
- You will plan & drive the income targets for the practice;
- Review, monitor & analyse the P&L to ensure appropriate actions are in place to achieve targets;
- Monitor KPIs & support clinicians to achieve targets by unblocking any obstacles;
- Be enabled to focus on marketing activities to drive patient numbers;
- Become the CQC registered manager & ensure the practice meets CQC outcomes & legislative standards;
- Effectively manage the recruitment & selection for all practice staff;
- Enable good communication in the practice, including practice meetings & to ensure the practice is a great place to work;
- Be able to face into difficult conversations & deal promptly with issues when they arise;
- Deliver or internally source staff training/development for the team;
- Develop & maintain third party relationships;
- Effectively manage & resolve patient complaints.
- Knowledge & experience of dentistry is an advantage. Previous experience of directly managing a team of staff is essential. You need to have proven planning & organisation skills.