Area Manager, IFA, Hampshire, up to £45,000pa
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd is currently working in partnership with an Independent Fostering Agency to recruit an Area Manager to work in Hampshire.
Main duties include:
- Together with the agency’s carer recruitment team, achieve the area targets for recruiting new carers, their Form F assessment and training.
- Recruit suitable and sufficient sub-contract assessors to support the carer recruitment process.
- Support and supervise social workers and sub-contract assessors through the Form F assessment process to Panel. Attend Panel as required. Undertake initial visits and second opinion visits. Review and approve all area Form F assessments that are to go to Panel.
- Line manage, motivate, supervise and support the work of your area’s Supervising Social Workers to achieve key targets within the area business plan. Provide regular supervision for all area social workers. Appraise area Supervising Social workers annually.
- Work with senior management on an agreed annual business plan. Manage appropriate budgets and attain/exceed agreed performance targets.
- Provide regular support and supervision to carers. Assess carers training needs and provide/obtain as appropriate.
- Work closely with the company referral team, local authorities in your area, other agencies and staff to closely and successfully match children with our carers.
- Participate in the company 'on-call’ and management back up duty rota.
- Arrange and co-ordinate carer support groups, forums and other activities with your area carers to promote team working, in liaison with the director of support services and therapy.
- Produce, as required, reports for senior management, panel and local authorities.
- Take an active and full part as required in the AM meetings and associated management processes
- Maintain carer and placement records to company standards using the company’s fostering database, electronic diary and other record keeping media.
- Maintain compliance with National Minimum Standards, Fostering Regulations and other company working standards.
- Maintain a role of Quality Assurance by auditing files and overseeing the work of subordinate staff.
- To liaise with Area LADO’s when necessary.
- Keep informed and up to date with social work professional practice, trends, developments and policy, taking that knowledge to colleagues.
- To keep the Registered Manager informed of any schedule 6’s and 7’s and complaints/allegations in area of responsibility, so that they are able to monitor these as appropriate.
- To maintain a small caseload responsibility within your office’s carers.
- To contribute to the effective administrative management of the Company by ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- To carry out other duties relevant to the post when requested by the management of the Independent Fostering Agency.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- A strong social work background with excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the Children Acts and other relevant Childrens Social Care legislation and guidance
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.