Quantity Surveyor Up to £75,000
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £55,000 to £75,000 per annum plus benefits DOE
Holidays: 25 Days
Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare
Job Type: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client a leading Contactor in the Construction industry of Quantity Surveyor, to contribute and play an active part in the various commercial processes associated with the building process and in conformity with company procedures as laid down from time to time.
About Our Client:
- Our client is one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK. They deliver projects up to £160m from multiphase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke hotels.
- There are few companies in today’s construction industry that can provide the same level of in-house capability as our client including in-house mechanical and electrical installation, as well as metalwork and joinery services.
- Groundwork and substructures, super-structures, mechanical and electrical installation, through to envelope and fit-out packages our client are able to control and deploy their own staff, equipment and tradespeople efficiently, whilst also providing clients with flexibility and responsiveness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Comply with and help promote the Health and Safety policy;
- Support to the Project Surveyor and Commercial Manager;
- Support and advice to Graduate and/or Trainee Quantity Surveyors;
- Contribute to the delivery of all confirmed project tasks and goals;
- Compliance with all company procedures and protocols;
- Assist with the procurement of Sub-Contract; Consultant and Supply only packages;
- Contribute to the analysis of work package tender returns;
- Assist in the preparation of Orders with Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers;
- Subject to the approval of the Project Surveyor or Commercial manager, receive and make payments in respect of interim and final account applications from Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers in accordance with Company contractual arrangements;
- Prepare, co-ordinate, and process labour only payments;
- Contribute to the preparation if interim and final account applications for the Company and likewise internal cost and value reconciliation reports;
- Subject to the approval of the Project Surveyor value and agree Changes/Variations with the Employer;
- Maintain accurate records
- Carry out take-off, measurement, scheduling exercises and prepare bills of quantities for the procurement and sub-letting processes;
- Assist with and respond to project level correspondence;
- Attend project related meetings;
- Integrate and liaise with the site team.