Legal Secretary - Private Client - Surrey
Legal Secretary - Private Client - SurreyCirca £23,000 - £27,000 + BenefitsWell established, accredited law firm with offices across Surrey are seeking a Legal Secretary. The firm are a regional heavyweight practice, noted by the Legal 500 and Chambers for their exceptional legal services. They have several offices across the Surrey area, spanning into LondonThe Private Client team consists of in excess of 15 fee lawyers spanning the various offices.The Private Client team deals with a range of areas including:
- Will drafting
- Probate/Estate administration
- Tax Advice
- Set up and administration of Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection/Deputyship
This office is one of the firm`s smaller offices and they operate very cohesively as a team there. This role would be supporting a Senior Solicitor who practices Private Client law on a one-to-one basis. The chosen candidate needs to be someone who is familiar with all the processes and procedures associated with the Private Client department and can start assisting from day one. The fee earner has a very busy caseload.Being a smaller office the candidate would also be expected to cover reception as appropriate and it is more than likely that the desk area for the candidate would be placed in the reception area with some of the other secretaries in order to properly attend to clients. Someone who has experience in other practice areas could be a bonus if they are able to help other departments as and when needed and when their workload lessens.This role will be to assist fee earners in their day to day work by providing support and an efficient secretarial and administrative service within the High Net Worth Private client department.
- Providing full secretarial support including using a digital dictation system to produce correspondence and other documentation related to Private Client matters.
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate client admin files.
- Drafting of basic Wills, LPAs and Court of Protection applications.
- Completion of forms relating to tax ie Inheritance Tax.
- Production of attendance notes.
- Support fee earners in marketing activities.
- General team administration including photocopying, faxing, filing and scanning.
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Handling telephone enquiries and directing accordingly.
- Arranging meeting room bookings/travel arrangements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Legal Secretary experience essential.
- Experience working within a private client team is essential.
- Fast, accurate typing ability, ideally using digital audio systems.
- Experience of using case management system.
- IT literate - Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook / Digital Audio software / Case Management.
In return an excellent package is on offer; a salary of circa £23,000 - £27,000 alongside exceptional benefits.If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny at Ashville Knight Recruitment on or email to .