Assistant Tax Manager (ref: JH789)
Our client is seeking an Assistant Tax Manager on a full-time basis to join a UK leading provider of financial services working from their site in Exeter. The main purpose of this position is to take an instrumental role in building the Company’s Tax proposition. The role will involve assisting the Head of Tax to manage tax risk in relation to CFM funds, assisting the Operations Oversight Team in the delivery of service, and supporting new business, change and product development initiatives.
- Assisting the Head of Tax on new business and change activity
- Assisting in providing tax MI to the Risk Committee, CFM Board meetings
- Supporting the oversight of fund accounting service providers in relation to NAV tax
- Supporting Relationship Managers providing tax input to discussions with Investment Managers as required
- Maintaining and enhancing technical tax knowledge within the team
- Providing technical support to tax projects within Fund Solutions Operations
- Providing tax technical support on real estate funds work
Key Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of UK corporate taxation and operational taxes as applied to AIFs, withholding tax issues for AIFs, understanding of VAT, SDRT for AIFs
- Ability to analyse tax regulation and apply it to CFS business
- Strong communicator, numerate, methodical, organised, accurate, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, commitment to personal development
- Corporate tax experience in either professional practice or commerce
- FS tax knowledge; understanding of taxation of open and closed ended funds including PAIFs, ACSs, TEFs would be desirable
- Financial services tax experience, Taxsoft (or other dedicated tax software packages) would be advantageous
- ACA/CTA or equivalent
This is a wonderful career opportunity for candidates working in the Financial District of London or comparative locations who wish to remain in the Financial Services sector but relocate, or move back to, the South West region.
As well as a generous basic salary, the company will also give you 23 days’ holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Keywords: Finance, Risk and Business Assurance, Financial Services, tax, tax proposition, estate funds, Jobs in Exeter, Jobs in Devon, Permanent Jobs, Finance Jobs, Tax Jobs