Senior Design Engineer - Up to £52K - Peterborough
A Senior Design Engineer opportunity has become available for a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors.
An exciting role has become available within Component Engineering assisting in the delivery of component and system development and validation in support of NPI programmes, cost reduction & quality improvements. A number of engine platform improvement programmes are underway in readiness for Stage-5 emissions regulations. These platform refresh programmes enable us to increase customer value in tailoring options, reducing fuel usage, offering more power combined with increased reliability and durability.
Candidates should have experience in performing several (not all) of the following;
- Design and packaging of components
- Working with suppliers to develop solutions
- Conducting FMEAs on components and systems to identify risks and determine action
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities including report outs
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Candidates will be considered that can demonstrate a knowledge of IC engines or similar systems and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with limited supervision.
Qualfications and skills required:
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum or similar technical skills acquired via experience
- Proven track record and history of designs tools;
- CREO / Solidwork / Catia or similar
- PLM library systems Team Centre or Windchill or similar
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. The role offers £36,700 to £52,000 (depending on experience) Benefits include 12% bonus, pension, and share scheme. Relocation assistance may be available dependant on the circumstances.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.