Data Management Unit Officer
Our client is an International Bank that looking to hire Data Management Unit Officer to join their team;
The Data Management Unit (DMU) Officer works as part of the Operations Team reporting into the DMU Team Leader. This person will support the customers' onboarding process and will be primarily responsible for maintaining all customers and counter-parties' static data up-to-date. Nostro accounts and inter-company accounts reconciliation is a fundamental part of this role.
- Manage Customers' on-boarding, accounts opening forms, etc.
- Responsible for opening accounts, account maintenance and account closures.
- Maintain a complete and current database of SSIs on Fossil and Olympic with approved counterparties.
- Manage correspondent banks and counter-parties on-boarding, account opening and closure.
- Ensure Conditions Precedent relating to new Drawdowns are met - liaison with Credit Committee.
- Set up new Facilities approved by the Credit Committee on Olympic.
- Maintain approved limits on Olympic for trading currencies, customers, counter-parties, countries, settlement, etc.
- Maintain and update corporate customers' mandates.
- Maintain legal documentation of clients and transactions.
- Maintenance of any non-transactional data in order to preserve a clear segregation of duties between transactional and static data.
- Support general communications to customers.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the Nostro and suspense accounts including single and multiple matching process.
- Analyze outstanding items, ensuring that breaks are allocated within the required timescales.
- Monitor outstanding items in the Reconciliation reporting - ensure staff are appropriately investigating exceptions.
- Actively pursue process improvements and constantly review and enhance working practices.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and branch clients.
- Conduct comprehensive cross training to provide cover at all times for reconciliation and control functions.
- To perform any other duties required to support Operations Department in initiatives to improve auto matching rates and system enhancements.
- Preparation of reporting including aged items, chaser and exception reports.
- Monitoring and calculating all interest charges on Nostro accounts.
- Advise and manage BFC's external Nostro balances next day.
- Ensure positioning is reconciled to the external account and all material discrepancies actively pursued and managed.
- Identify the cause of errors, take appropriate action to rectify these errors in future.
- Identifying and escalating areas of risk or problems to Head of Operations.
- Support team members to ensure all allocated work is completed in a timely manner with high standards being maintained
- Additional tasks as requested by Head of Operations
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Educated to A level standard, combined with relevant exposure in an equivalent position in a regulated Financial Institution.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience of reconciliations.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience of static data or data management unit.
- Good attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Customer focused; proven ability to provide superior customer service
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Microsoft Office and various proprietary systems.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ACTIONS/RESULTS
Accountable for ensuring all reconciliations are completed efficiently and on time and ensuring a good annual audit rating.
- Head of Operations.
- Departments' Head.
- Other team members.
Banks and Financial Institutions.