Finance Payments Team Leader
This role is responsible for managing a team of four, and ensuring day to day payment tasks are actioned in line with business and banking requirements. Key responsibilities include ensuring payments are sent accurately & on time and payment runs are processed in line with supplier terms.
Our client is a well-known business to the Crawley area who are looking to add a Finance Payments Team Leader to their exisiting Accountancy team.
Ensure weekly payment runs are generated and reviewed to ensure creditors are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure foreign currency payment runs are generated and reviewed to ensure creditors are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processing direct debit and standing order payments, reviewing supporting documentation to ensure HMRC compliance.
- Responsible for the monthly review of aged balances and debit balances on Creditor ledger and reconciliation with key supplier statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review of monthly Bank and Accounts Payable reconciliations to resolve any items aged over 30 days as a priority & to minimise items ageing unnecessarily.
- Ensure that supplier records are kept up to date and new supplier requests processed within SLA and in accordance with Policy and operating procedures.
- Responsible for handling day to day operational matters associated with company credit card including processing of new applications & handling cardholder queries.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable and foreign currency payments.
- Demonstrate awareness of HMRC requirements in respect of VAT and payments within UK Banking system.
- Proven team leadership experience with ability to motivate & maximise team member performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
£22,000 - £30,000
Salary offered is depending on experience